Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gym, Tan, Laundry....Minus the gym

Okay, so I had all these extravagant plans to work out during my "funemployment," but I've heard that you aren't supposed to work out on vacation. So that is what I did...or rather, did not do.

The good news is that I did hold myself to a (somewhat) good diet. Since I wasn't rushing to eat the closest thing to me in order to get onto the next task, I actually took the time to fix my meals. Who would have thought that when you are doing other things that you enjoy, you forget to eat? I suppose that the problem during the work day was the fact that I was eating to give me pleasure...and since I was finding pleasure in other things, I wasn't driven to eat my happiness.

The nice thing was that I had time to lay out (another reason I wasn't looking to eat a lot) and get some much needed Vitamin D....sunshine :) Time spent with a good friend and the sunshine is seriously addicting. No wonder why people say that they go to college for their "Mrs." degree. Who wouldn't want to be free up to pina coladas with the bffl's at noon and tennis at 2. Or the reverse, whatever floats your boat.

In addition, I had time to do actual "wife- like" things. I took the dog for a walk. I cooked dinner (see previous posting). I did laundry..without waiting a month. I vacuumed. I made the bed everyday.

But most importantly, I reconnected with some friends that I hadn't been able to spend time with. We met for wine and laughed for hours on end,  layed out and gossiped a little too much, and actually got to speak about current happenings...not something that has occurred in the past. Needless to say, two weeks of nothing puts a lot of things in perspective.

My funemployment ended yesterday..and I have been home before 5:30 pm both days. Glorious.

By the way, still no wine tonight (again, see previous posting).

No comments:

Post a Comment