Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Toast For the Pot Roast

So I had the chance to cook dinner tonight. Awesome...and at that, the ultimate comfort food: Pot Roast.

Who doesn't feel like they are in their mom's kitchen when the smell of pot roast wafts through the air?

We had a chuck roast that we had wanted to cook for a while, so I put on my "never been used because I haven't had time to cook apron" and opened up Allrecipes.com (my husband's go-to). I deviated a little, but this is what I ended up with:

In the pot:
- 7 carrots (Still not enough! Love those things)
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1 large onion
- Half carton of mushrooms
- Chuck roast

Poured on top:
- Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of water
- Onion flakes
- Half a packet of beef stew seasonings


Delicious! It was refreshing to be able to have the smell of a home cooked meal lingering in the air as my husband came home. That has NEVER happened...a day of firsts, my friends.

As for the daily pour: Menage Trois Cabernet Savignon...A birthday present from a fabulous sorority sister, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment