Sunday, April 10, 2011

So long for now....I'll miss you

Tonight I made a resolution. If you know me, the following information will surprise, and may even traumatize you.

I have created the two following rules for myself:
1) I only drink alcohol once a week, with the sole exception of celebratory events.
2) I will only eat carbohydrates with my dinner two nights out of the week.

Now to some, this would be a given, or already a way of life. To others (whom I prefer to surround myself with) would think that these rules are slightly absurd.

Since our wedding in November, I have gained some "fluff." I prefer to call it "happy fat" in order to preserve some optimism about my current situation. However, no matter the framing, I have had a hard time getting into my pants. Dresses have turned into a way of life in order to avoid a constructed waist band.

Now, I know that many can relate to my situation. The first word in the title of this blog is "work" and that is exactly why I have been restricted from gym time. I have been attempting to go the gym early in the morning before work...but trust me, I don't do 5 am and it is better for others if I spare them of that as well. My new job will allow me the freedom to work out after I work. I am going to Zumba my "happy fat" into "happy flat!"

So wine, I do apologize, but so long for now....I really will miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Zumba will definitely do the trick! My sister got me the at home version for my birthday, and it's amazing! Hope you're enjoying married life!

    ReplyDelete