Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Work, Wine, and Wed

These three things seem to sum up my life recently.

One, I have been working over 12 hours a day in the staffing industry. If you have ever known a recruiter, you know that there is no such thing as a work/life balance. Like we say "staffing aint easy."

After a kiss at the door from my husband and my beautiful black lab puppy, I reach for a glass. Typically I reach for the red- anything that is buy one get one at Winn Dixie and take a deep breath. Ironically, I call it detoxing.

It seems like the leftovers go to my husband. Not food- but leftover energy...leftover me. Which brings me to my next venture in life. I left my commission structured job, for a straight salary and shorter hours. On the day that I gave my two weeks, I was told to pack my things and go....with a paid 2 week vaca. Cheers!

Hence, why I now have time to blog....and here we go.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you have time to blog... good for you. Glad the pot roast was good - always a hit with David. I want to sit at my Lake House & write my cook book... oh but when?

    ReplyDelete